Friday, July 23, 2010

Announce: Raphael Animate Frames

‹prev | My Chain | next›

Up today, I extract my SVG frames animation library for raphaël.js. I create myself a github repository and do the usual local initialization:
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos$ mkdir raphael-animate-frames
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos$ cd raphael-animate-frames/
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos/raphael-animate-frames$ git init
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos/raphael-animate-frames$ touch README
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos/raphael-animate-frames$ git add README
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos/raphael-animate-frames$ git commit -m 'first commit'
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos/raphael-animate-frames$ git remote add origin git@github.com:eee-c/raphael-animate-frames.git
cstrom@whitefall:~/repos/raphael-animate-frames$ git push origin master
With that, I place my animation plugin into raphael-animate_frames.js, commit and push.

To see if I can use it, I remove the plugin from my working copy and replace it with a <script> tag:
<script src="http://github.com/DmitryBaranovskiy/raphael/blob/master/raphael-min.js?raw=true"></script>
<script src="http://github.com/eee-c/raphael-animate-frames/raw/master/raphael-animate_frames.js"></script>
To make sure that I everything is still working, I go to the browser:



Yay!

If you are interested in seeing the frames data structure and the final function call, I have set up a github pages demo at http://eee-c.github.com/raphael-animate-frames/demo.html.

At this point, I know that my library works. Tomorrow I will see if I can get it working in my (fab) game.


Day #173

No comments:

Post a Comment